- Assess the situation. Is it a small or a large spill? Can you handle it? Is anyone injured? Is there danger for a fire or an explosion?
- For a small spill call for help if needed and follow the MSDS instructions for small spills
- For large spills do not attempt cleaning; Call your PI/Lab Safety Officer and/or the Division Safety Officer and explain the situation
- In case the chemical has come in contact with your eyes or body use the closest eye/body washer. Let ample amount of water wash the chemical off. Take off your clothes if needed. This is NOT the time to be shy.
- In case of injury, call for medical help immediately
- If a fire or explosion is imminent leave the area and warn everyone that could be affected. Call for help.