Safety practices for high and low pressure:
- Keep gas cylinders bound on wall/heavy tables correctly
- Do NOT use gas cylinders without appropriate regulator
- Learn how to transport gas cylinders and how to leak-check gas/vacuum lines/chambers safely
- Beware of the pressurized cooling water network: Water low – electricity high
- Leak-check vacuum chambers before use and familiarize yourself with all vacuum equipment in your lab (pumps, pressure meters/gauges, control stations, etc.). Do not operate equipment you are not familiar with, without supervision.
- Report any problems you notice in high pressure or vacuum chambers to your PI or to IESL’s safety personnel