- Call for help – Use the FIRE ALARM (small red boxes in corridors)
- Check for injured people (and report it to FORTH guard, fire brigade, ambulance crew)
- Stay away from the fire but wait closeby to assist emergency and safety personnel if needed
- Do NOT attempt to extinguish the fire unless it is small AND you are not in danger AND you know how to do it.
- Do NOT open doors, windows; they feed the fire with oxygen
- Do NOT use water on electrical fires
- Cut down electricity, especially if it is an electrical fire