COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION
COVID-19 Rules (Last update: March 30, 2023 )
- All COVID19 protection measures (masks, disinfectants, distancing, etc.) have been lifted, except in hospitals and hospices.
- If you have “flu”-like symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.) OR acute loss of taste/smell:
- You are a “suspected” COVID-19 case
- Use of FFP2 or equivalent mask is recommended
- Rapid or PCR test (or at least a self test) is also recommended
- Notify your supervisor and IESL’s COVID contact (P. Samartzis) for further instructions
- In case of severe fever and/or shortness of breath, call an ambulance (166 or 112) to transport you to COVID-19 hospital
- If you test positive for COVID-19 (in Self, Rapid or PCR test):
- If a Self test is positive, do a Rapid test
- If a Rapid test is positive, quarantine at home (see below)
- You are considered a “confirmed” COVID-19 case after a positive Rapid or PCR test.
- Inform the people you have been in contact with:
- High-Risk Contacts: people you have been in contact with for more than 15 minutes AND at a distance of less than 1.5 meters or indoors
- Low-Risk Contacts: people you have been in contact with for less than 15 minutes AND at a distance of less than 1.5 meters or indoors
- Quarantine Rules (as of May 30, 2022): 5 days minimum if you have no/mild symptoms (no fever and symptoms subside). Day 0 is the day of the positive test, day 1 (of 5) is the day after the test. After the 5-day quarantine you MUST wear a double medical/cloth mask or a single high protection mask (FFP2, N95, KN95) for 5 more days. If you have fever, quarantine extends until your temperature returns to normal without medication.
- Return to work: after the 5-day quarantine period AND 24 hours after the complete remission of any fever (without taking fever medication).
- If you are a COVID-19 HIGH Risk Contact:
- Use double medical/cloth mask or a single high protection mask (FFP2, N95, KN95) for 10 days.
- Do a Rapid or a PCR test on Day 5 after exposure
- Monitor health for symptoms
- Continue working as usual, keeping all safety measures (especially masks, distances, hygiene).
- If you are a COVID19 Low-Risk Contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case OR a Contact of a High-Risk Contact OR a contact of a suspected COVID-19 case (as defined above):
- Watch for flu-like symptoms for 14 days
- Unless otherwise instructed, continue working as usual, keeping all safety measures (especially masks, distances, hygiene).
Sources for additional information
Free Rapid test locations (in Greek; for vaccinated people only): https://eody.gov.gr/komy-testing-eody/
EODY (in Greek): https://eody.gov.gr/neos-koronaios-covid-19/
EODY (in English): https://eody.gov.gr/en/covid-19/
COVID-19 statistics for Greece: https://covid19.gov.gr/covid19-live-analytics/
World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
European CDC: https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/covid-19-pandemic
Travel to Greece: https://travel.gov.gr/
Map of Greece with COVID-19 alert level by area (no longer relevant): https://covid19.gov.gr/covid-map/
Lockdown transportation forms & rules (no longer applicable): forma.gov.gr