For any accident in the lab:
- Remain calm!
- Assess the situation
- Use common sense
- Protect yourself, then other people, then equipment/infrastructures
- Call for help if needed
- Seek medical attention if needed
- Contact safety personnel if needed
If the accident involves doctor visit OR hospitalization:
- Notify IESL and FORTH Safety Officers AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!
- IESL Officer’s cell phone is posted on the door of every IESL lab
- If it is late at night or weekend, DO NOT WAIT until next morning or Monday. Call IMMEDIATELY.
- Keep and submit to FORTH Personnel Dpt. AS SOON AS POSSIBLE any documents regarding doctor visit or hospitalization (entry and exit documents, doctor’s opinion(s), any other document)
- Keep in mind that FORTH must declare serious accidents to authorities within 24 hours